Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Book # 30: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Loved it! I like mysteries, but I am horribly wimpy. Even suspenseful movies can leave me with sleepless nights, so Sherlock Holmes's mysteries are right up my alley. Complex and confusing, they require thinking to solve, yet they skip all the gory details. Watson also narrates them in such a style as to minimize emotion, thus helping to keep my already overly active imagination in check. As the "chapters" appeared in a magazine initially, they are short enough to read during a nap or before bed, thus perfect for the busy mom I have become. I am sad that I am done with them, and that there are no more out there to read. I am hoping the movie coming out this fall with be good, as I'd like another dose of Sherlock Holmes.

Next up:
The Wind in the Willows

No comments: