Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Book # 18: Brisingr

by Christopher Paolini

I told you this one wouldn't take long. I've been plowing through it every free minute, straining my eyes in the dim light of our evening car ride to Pittsburgh this past weekend. What can I say? I liked the first two; I liked this one too! I thought this was the last in the series, but Paolini needed more room to finish his story, so the trilogy has become a cycle. Book four is not out yet (to the best of my knowledge), so all of you have time to catch up on the first three before the last is released. If you like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, this is kind of a combination of the two. Dragons, elves, sword fighting, battles, it has everything, and the story is extremely complex. Very impressive, and now I have to try to be patient until the next book comes out. *Sigh*, I'm not good at being patient.

1 comment:

Mommy Meg said...

This trilogy sounds right up my alley! I'll have to remember it. And what do you mean you were in Pgh this past weekend and didn't call us?!