Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Book # 24: The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam

(And the Crusades)
by Robert Spencer

Overall, not a bad read. I knew most of it from other books I have read, but it was nice as Robert Spencer quoted the Qur'an to support points. The other books I had read about Islam and politics did not do this. The Crusade information was new to me as well. My knowledge of the history of that part of the world is not as good as it should be. Something I should probably work on. I would recommend it as I believe political correctness is stifling our ability to speak our minds, and as we hear the political correct side of things most times on the news, it is nice to hear the other side occasionally!

Not sure if I am finishing Catch-22 next or if I'll go for something more history aligned. We'll see.

2 comments:

Fr. Tom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fr. Tom said...

I concur. I would recomment anything by Robert Spencer. The West has to wake up to these realities.