Monday, June 30, 2008

Ancient

This weekend began one of many trips to shop for appliances. We have never been the type of people to need brand new appliances or the latest stainless steel model. However, there is a point where even we feel that an upgrade might be necessary. Observe:

This is our microwave & oven.


The controls:

But at least it is clean:

I refuse to take the time the clean this beast, as that will make the purchase of a new one take longer. Plus, why waste my time! Yet, like a brave soul, I made brownies this weekend. The brownies were excellent (a little moist--the understatement of the year, let's say soupy instead), but the house smelled of burnt rubber. Let's hope this will be taken care of by next weekend!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I totally understand you wanting a new oven and microwave! I hate to say it, but the one in our flat totally predates even yours. I am secretly praying our stove will stop working (one burner already has!) so that our landlord will have to buy us a new one like he did the fridge.