Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's a POOPIE party!

No, not poopie as in something you might find in Madi's diaper. It's a P.O.O.P.I.E. party, as in People Opposing Objectionable Pretend plants In the Environment. Over at Nesting Place, people are sharing the good, the bad, and the just plain ugly when it comes to using fake plants in decorating. So I decided to participate. Unfortunately, I only have two fake plants at the moment, so I can't even demonstrate all three kinds (good, bad, and ugly). But I do have one good (at least I think so), and one is down right U-G-L-Y!

Here's the good: (over the master bedroom bed which I have shared before)



And here's the ugly:


The ugly was purchased at a yard sale. You can see that sticker with the price, and you can see that layer of dust. My plan is to remove the hideously old and dusty ivy, clean the entire thing, maybe spray paint it black, and reassemble with something different in place of the ivy. I'll share the finished product when I'm done, but no promises as to when it will be completed. We are starting the process of renovating our family room--that means removing everything from it, finishing sealing the floor (yucky pet odor so long), fixing walls, painting walls, laying flooring, etc. So we have quite a task ahead of us. But I promise some day, some room will be completed. . . maybe.

6 comments:

The Nester said...

good for you for having the eye {eyes} to see right through the ugly to the wonderfully beautiful hiding right below!

Molly Sabourin said...

I agree...good eye! I look forward to seeing the new and improved, shabby chic, spoon holder! The elderly woman we bought our place from in Chicago was a big silk and plastic flower collector and she graciously left them ALL to us when we moved in.

Blogger said...

Good eye! :)

Bella

Robin said...

Goodness...where did YOU go Eyedropping at WHAT sales?! I wanna go where YOU go...I see that all in Black, distressed and some old grungy candles wrapped in some brown paper laying in the bottom where the yucky Ivy is now!!! You go!

Meghan said...

Super wreath.
And check you out spying something worthwhile in something dusty.
Can you come to my house? I have lots of dust & I am sure something is worthwhile under it.
LOL

Kelly said...

Thanks for all the nice comments! It nice to know that I'm doing something right! :) It seems a bit overwhelming sometimes as we are taking on the whole house.

And I loved the idea of putting candles where the fake ivy was! Will definitely be trying that.