Thursday, September 18, 2008

Living Room Curtains

I know, you are all sick of hearing about my curtains (so am I)! Just be thankful that I haven't included you in my internal dialogue about artwork to hang in the living room. My sister can attest that I am the most indecisive person in existence, at least when it comes to decorating. I have been mulling over living room art for the same amount of time as the living room curtains. But I am happy to say the curtains are hung (mostly), and yes, I'll show you pictures today! That's right, TODAY! And the art for the walls is ordered and on it's way. Finally, my bare walls with get some much needed help. But enough stalling. Here are the living room curtains:

The valance is hung as it will be. The dark blue funny looking fabric below it is a sheet that is demonstrating my future plans to create tie-up shades/blinds with ties that match the floral fabric. The plan is to have the shades/blinds go with the curve of the window seat. Currently, I'm not sure I like how the trim around the window shows. Any thoughts on that or suggestions? I was trying to avoid curtain panels as the main walkway into the living room is right in front of the window. On the base of the window seat, you'll see fabric as well. This is a panel of the checked fabric that is going to cover a window seat cushion.

And here is my living room with all its naked walls soon to be remedied. I also plan to make two throw pillows out of the floral curtain fabric.


So that's it. Don't forget about the porch tour coming later this week! Well, I guess either tomorrow or Saturday, as the week is running low on days.

2 comments:

Molly Sabourin said...

Love the valance, Kelly! And I also appreciate that you, like me, are indecisive. My mother dislikes shopping with me because I take FOREVER to decide what to put in my cart, only to often go home empty handed. Good for you for making a choice and sticking with it!

Dear Abbi said...

Great job! I have the same bare walls...can't wait to get them painted and covered with some type of art. Now that real progress has been made on our curtainage...I'm starting to get itchy about the walls. I never ends. :)