Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Clothing



This was my project for the past hour--sorting through freshly laundered size 2T clothing to store in Madilyn's closet. Considering she still can not fit in the larger 12 month items, it might be some time before all of these boxes are needed. And I think we definitely have enough.

The mass quantities began with yard sales--one cute item here or there. That amounted to almost two boxes. Then a woman from our church asked if we'd be interested in her granddaughter's clothing. Being the type of person who can never pass up the word free, I said sure! It started with three bags of clothing, and then a few weeks later there were 4 boxes more. We were overwhelmed by her kindness and the large amounts of shirts, pants, PJ's, socks, shoes, etc. We never thought there would be this much!

So at first glance, some might say that Madilyn is on the fast track to being spoiled, but I can honestly say that I spent no more than 40 dollars to fill those 7 boxes.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

If you don't have to buy it, all the better!

Mommy Meg said...

I informed Keith last night that eventually we will have to actually buy Isaac & Josiah's clothing, shoes, coats, pj's, etc. Up until now they've survived on what their grandparents have bought them and hand-me-downs from other people. Also several yard sale items as well. I have bought very little clothing for either of them.