Friday, November 14, 2008

Lone Survivor

So as you might remember, I was requesting book recommendations a few weeks ago. I was in dire need of something new to read. Well, I have taken your suggestions seriously, and currently, have three of them on loan from the library. But I also got one that I found recommended through one of the political magazines I read--I can't remember if it was the NRA one or the Newsmax one. Anyway. I wanted to recommend it in case any of you are looking for a good book.

It is called, Lone Survivor, and it is by Marcus Lattrell. It is about Operation Redwing in Afghanistan where around 20 navy SEALs lost their lives. Marcus Lattrell was the only one of his four man team to survive, and his story is one that you simply cannot miss! You will most likely cry when reading it, but it provides a whole new understanding of the war on terror we are fighting and the strength of the men who are fighting it for our country. It is probably not a highly publicized novel, as he is pretty honest about his feelings toward the liberal media, so I felt I'd throw it out there for all of you.

2 comments:

Mommy Meg said...

I will definitely put it on my list of books to check out from the library. I think I heard of it by listening to Glenn Beck. Thanks Kelly.

The Beauty Bargainista said...

this sounds like a great book! I am going to have to check that out for sure! :)

By the way, I am having a giveaway over on my blog, I would love for you to come check it out! :)