Thursday, November 20, 2008

Crabby Kid Alert!

Last week, Madi received her chicken pox vaccine, her MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine, and her flu shot. This week she has had a fever and a rash. (A common effect of the MMR vaccine, I am told.)

All that is managable, but the crabbiness is almost unbearable.

Everything, and I mean, everything causes her to melt down.

If I hold her, she melts down.
If I sing the wrong song, she melts down.
If I color with the wrong crayon or on the wrong part of the picture, she melts down.
Even going outside for a walk, a passtime that normally eases any woe, caused a melt down. Today was the worst day yet!

So for tomorrow, I am praying for more patience because I sure might need it.

1 comment:

Mommy Meg said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. My boys handled their vaccines pretty well. But believe me, I know how tough it is to have a miserable baby or toddler. It's not fun. Just try to take a deep breath and remember your old saying,"This too shall pass!" Clear skies are ahead! Hang in there!