Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Hair Fix

No, I don't mean a new fad or hair care product. This hair fix involves our cat, Izzy. Ever since Izzy was a kitten, she has had an obsession with my hair. She loves to nuzzle in it, purr, and kneed. Now, Izzy is not an affectionate cat; she never has been a cat to snuggle up against you or desire petting all day long. But over the years, my hair (or anyone else's of similar length and texture) has become something of an addiction to her.


This weekend we were away doing some work on our other house, the one we tenderly call "Our summer home", the one that won't seem to sell. We had not been back to see it since we moved in June, and with winter approaching, we felt the need to go check up on it, clean up the flower beds, clean out the gutters, and vacuum the floors. Izzy was left to her own devices--home alone.



We returned Sunday evening, and ever since then, Izzy cannot get enough of me. She is always following me around the house. Normally, Izzy will put up with Madi for a few hours, and then go snuggle in our bed. Not the past two days. Izzy is always hovering, stalking my lap. If it is empty, she is in it, trying to climb my shoulder, her motor rumbling. She was so desperate that while Madi sat on my lap at the computer today, Izzy climbed behind Madilyn and up my shoulder. She wasn't even bothered when Madi leaned back on her. And yes, she is on my lap now, not purring, not nuzzling in my hair, so hopefully, the hair fix is caught up, and my lap will not be in such high demand tomorrow.

No comments: