Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Curl up with a good book and a hot apple cider. . .

I would if I could, but I can't. I currently don't have hot apple cider, or apple cider at all. I guess I could heat up apple juice, but that's not quite the same. We always have an overabundance of apple juice on hand now that Madi uses unspillable sippy cups. I do have hot chocolate, and tea, and coffee. So I guess those could work. But a book, a good book, I don't have one. I've read all that I can find at my house. So I need some help. I need some book suggestions. Do you have any? Can you leave me a comment with them?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

There's a new Bill Bryson called "The Story of the Thunderbolt Kid" it's a memoir about his childhood. I've been into memoirs lately. Not his funniest work - although it has it's moments. I read most of it but then had to take it back to the library before I could finish -trying to avoid the fines.

Also, I've read and enjoyed most of the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear - mystery/detective sort of stuff with a little psychology thrown in.

Another called "An Irish Country Doctor" by Patrick Taylor was a fun read - kind of James Herriot like but a people doctor instead of a vet.

That's all I've got for now...if I think of others I'll let you know.
Good luck! ~Jessie

Molly Sabourin said...

Hi Kelly!

Fall is a perfect time for cider and books, both! Did you get into the Graham Greene book at all? I think he is just a literary genius!! I have so many paragraphs underlined in my tattered old copy - it's ridiculous, really. A more recent book that I liked and is super easy to get into is called "Gap Creek." Then there's also "Great Divorce," by C.S. Lewis. I wish I had more time for reading!!

Mommy Meg said...

I just finished a book called Hope Rising by Kim Meeder. It's non-fiction, about her horse ranch in Oregon. I learned about listening to Focus on the Family one day on my way to work. It was a very uplifting and inspiring book, if you want to read non-fiction.

Mommy Meg said...

Also, if you want fiction, Francine Rivers is a great writer. Before Josiah was born I read her Atonement Child and Redeeming Love. Both excellent novels that I could not put down and ended up finishing in less than a week each.

Kelly said...

Thank you for all the suggestions! Next library trip they will all be on hold for me.