Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tag, I'm it!

So I've been tagged by Kristen over at Following the Dream, so my job is to now tell 6 random things about myself.

1. As a child, I was nicknamed Spike because I was tough. Apparently, Miss Madi is very similar just a little more intense, so she is inheriting the nickname of Spike, Jr from my parents. And just for fun, my sister's nickname was Sponge because she liked to sit in the front yard and drink out of the house until her belly was HUGE! Sorry, Jessie, but you did call me a name in your first blog comment to me. Hmm. . . I wonder if I could find a picture to share.

2. I love organizing! From recipes to closets to basements, I love it. It is relaxing for me. I always wanted to work on one of those TV shows where they help people declutter their homes. I debated starting my own decluttering business a few years back.

3. It takes me a long time to warm up to people, but once I'm a friend, I'm a friend forever. I once had someone comment about me and their wife, that we would be great friends as we were so similar, but it would take us a year to get to know each other.

4. I played alto saxophone for 8 years in elementary, middle, and high school. I took private lessons, was in band, marching band, and jazz band. That's how I met my husband--at a fifth grade band concert. He sat right next to me. Seriously, we have it on video. And he'd kill me if I didn't mention that I was a foot and a half taller than him. All I can say is that he played too loud.

5. I substitute taught for a total of 3 times. It was horrible. I will never do it again (if I can help it). The first day was with 6th graders the day before Halloween. When I asked fellow staff for help controlling the class, they told me to "just scream louder". If you've ever met me, I'm not one who screams, even at sporting matches. Let me just say that was one of the worst days of my life.

6. I became an Orthodox Christian through a street preacher nicknamed The Willard Preacher. He preaches outside the Willard building on the Penn State campus. I am now good friends with him and his family.

That's it. I tag, Megan from Mommy Meg. She just entered the blogging world, so stop on over and say hi.

2 comments:

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Loved to learn more about you! :) So cute that your daughter has your old nickname!! I'm glad that you came to visit me, thanks for your comment!

Blessings,
Stacey

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon

Looking forward to your next post