Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pantry Intervention

So what was I up to yesterday? Taking care of this:

Madilyn and I went grocery shopping, and as we were unpacking the bags, I realized that nothing was going to fit in this mess of a pantry. So instead, we took everything out and spread it across the room. Here's the after picture:


Not an amazing difference, but I can at least see to the back of the pantry. Any other ideas or suggestions would be great. The door of our pantry is smaller than the space, so pull out shelves won't work. The pantry shelves are also really deep, so it is easy to fill up and not be able to see the back. It can be a little frustrating to organize.

I also worked on my spices. They were pretty organized, but I had some new ones to add.



And yes, they are alphabetized. In my anal-retentive defense, prior to organizing I purchased 3 jars of nutmeg at 3 different times because I didn't think I had any. The alphabetizing was really necessary to avoid an overabundance of nutmeg.

Here's what I should be tackling today, but I'm not feeling overly motivated.

2 comments:

Molly Sabourin said...

ooh, pretty! I really and truly appreciate your before and after pictures of the pantry and spices. Few things drive me as CRAZY as my disorganized kitchen drawers and refrigerator...except maybe the kid's messy closets. H-m-m, it's a toss up.

Kristen said...

Nice reorganized pantry! If only I had one...that would solve a lot of problems. :)