Monday, January 12, 2009

1st Book: For Parents Only

By Shaunti Feldhahn & Lisa A. Rice

This is by the authors and in the series that includes For Men Only and For Women Only, both of which I would highly recommend. Through a series of surveys, group discussions, and interviews, the authors dive into the lives of teens in this book. It was insightful, a fast read, and frankly, a little obvious. I found the other two books much more intriguing, but that could just be the stage of my life. Either way, I recommend these books, as they do help you to better understand men, women, and teens. I also discovered that they have a For Young Women Only book, which I will probably pursue reading, especially as we have a daughter who will one day be a young woman.

Next book: The ACLU vs. America--This is one my husband got for me/us. Sounds soo fast paced! I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Mommy Meg said...

Oops! Guess I gotta get my list posted!

Unknown said...

Hey there, this has nothing to do with your books - well sort of I guess. Check out this site - www.freerice.org and work on your vocabulary skills. It's sort of addicting yet fun. I don't have your email with me at work, so I couldn't email you. ~Jessie

Unknown said...

Oh sorry, www.freerice.org

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm losing it...freerice.com... Sorry!