Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hooray for Hand Dryers!

So you know those hand dryers in public bathrooms, the push-button ones that cause you to stand there for hours trying to dry your hands, and generally cause you to leave the bathroom slightly annoyed while gently dabbing your still soggy hands on your pants. Well, today I celebrate them!

Let me explain: Madilyn has been going through more diapers as her liquid intake grows. Consequently, it has become a necessity to change her halfway between breakfast and lunch. Well, today we got too busy, and I forgot. So we were sitting in Wendy's, and Madi starts pointing at her leg and going "uh, oh". Silly me, I ignored her, as everything these days is an "uh, oh" from a dropped pea to a piece of food turned the wrong direction. Turns out the poor kid's diaper overflowed, so she had a wet behind. Normally, I keep an extra set of clothing in the car just for such an emergency. Of course, as life works, not today! So off to the bathroom, and low and behold, no changing table, but a push-button hand dryer. Off with the pants, new diaper goes on, and pants go under the hand dryer. It worked wonders, and we were able to safely go to our library play date without embarrassing explanations of why my daughter was pantless!

So for a few outings, I promise to not silently grumble or berate the owners who installed those slow working hand dryers! I will instead offer a smile of gratitude as they came to our rescue today!

No comments: