Thursday, January 29, 2009

Entry Hallway: After

Here they are, the after pictures of our entry hallway, and only a day late. You can see the color of our kitchen as well, just please ignore the primed white parts. Our cat loves to sink her claws into newly spackled walls, so they had to be redone.

We (well, Josh) even replaced the old outlet covers with fresh, crisp, white ones.


Opposite end of the hallway:


And here's a bonus for today. This was another project of mine--a picture wall that followed our staircase. It took some time to hang them all and pick all the pictures, and if you look closely, one of those pictures still contains the people that were framed when I purchased it. Oops!


Check back tomorrow, as I'll have pictures of my new living room curtains! What's that you say? I already showed you my new curtains, well. . . I decided I didn't like those. So I found some new ones, and I promise, these are the ones to stay. I also found some artwork to cover those massive walls behind the couch and love seat. The pictures are already uploaded to my computer, so the likelihood of them actually appearing on tomorrow's blog is pretty high! What better odds could you have?

2 comments:

Molly Sabourin said...

I am so impressed with the way you hung those photos by your staircase! I have been wanting to do something like that for a long time now. It looks lovely! :)

Kelly said...

Molly, it was so easy! Initially, I overcomplicated it. But once I realized my pattern, it was so easy. I hung the 8x10 pictures, and then you can see that the horizontal 5x7's are in line with the tops of the 8x10's. The vertical 5x7's are in line with the bottom's of the 8x10's. So simple. I didn't even plan to do it that way, but after the first two, that is what happened, and I stuck with it. I'm glad you like it!