Friday, January 30, 2009

The Curtain Saga--The Finale

So first it was this. An incredible deal found at TJ Maxx in the clearance section no less. But it was decided that they looked like the big top found at the circus.

Then I found these, which I loved. I thought we had found our solution. Of course, I still needed to make the balloon style blinds, and make a window cushion. But the idea was there. However, as the days became weeks, and frankly, months. I realized that I had been a little too influenced by other blogs that I was looking at. A lot of them decorated with a cottage-type style, which I like, but it isn't really me. So ultimately, these had to go.

So, I went to a store, instead of searching online, and I found these. And these, I can say 100%, no way I'm taking them back, are perfect! They are totally my style. A little contemporary, simple, yet subtle. I love them!


They even match our hideous slate-blue leather couches. So until money grows on trees, or we sell our other house (that's right we own two right now, well, pay mortgages on two right now, or as I like to think of it, we have a summer home), but until that happens the slate-blue will have to do. But you can picture a chocolaty-brown sectional in that corner, if you'd like. With the curtain color accent pillows. And a nice big ottoman for your feet. But you see those big bare walls? I took care of those. It only took me a few months to find the frames, and the pictures.

The frames are actually supposed to sit on a table top. And the pictures are printed off of our computer. I love doing that! It saves you a ton of money, and no one has ever figured it out!


Here's what is above the love seat:


So the living room is starting to look like a living room. And it only took 7 months. Perhaps in a decade, I can say the same for the rest of the house.

No comments: