Thursday, February 12, 2009

Book # 8: Eldest

by Christopher Paolini
Book # 2 in the Inheritance Series

A word of warning about this book and series. Make sure you have a couple days of uninterrupted reading time. It is a very engaging book and is hard to tear yourself away from. A mixture of Harry Potterish writing style with The Lord of the Ring's subject matter make for a thrilling fantasy. I must say that it has been hard to be motivated to do much else, but read, these past few days. It was to the extent that Madi and I went for a walk outside with her stroller, and I propped the book onto the back of the stroller to read as we walked. Not sure if that's a healthy addiction or not?

It took me about 100 pages to get back into the series, as I had read the first book a few years ago, but I am now anticipating reading the third book and excited for when it is available. I would recommend this series, especially if you enjoyed Harry Potter or The Lord of the Rings series.

I am now taking a break from reading for about a week or so, hoping that I can become more productive and get some wallpaper removed in the downstair's bathroom and some paint on the family room walls. But after that time, here is my next book:

The Open Door: Entering the Sanctuary of Icons and Prayers
By Frederica Mathewes-Green

No comments: