Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bargains

I love bargains! I love yard sales and trash days! I love taking something that was used or old and fixing it up. Every piece of our patio furniture was free--free from yard sales, free from neighbor's trash piles. Now it needed work, but mainly just a quick sanding and a little paint. It is with this mindset that I discovered Craig's List. Here is the ultimate yard sale that is open 24-7, 365 days a year. Here is the ability to navigate through those yard sales without getting in and out of your car fifty times on a Saturday. Here is the way to our new washer and dryer!


Now our home came with a washer; however, when we arrived not only was it unhooked, but it looked as if a pack of wild animals had chewed through the connections. And I don't even need to mention the cleanliness of it. I'm sure you'll scroll through my previous posts if you need a refresher on that issue. So we decided to look for both a new washer and dryer. And yesterday we found them--less than 2 years old and half their new price. So the washer is officially ready to go. Madi and I are saved the 5 trips a day to switch laundry at my mother's house. Now the dryer is another story. There is no outside vent for it. The previous owners vented their dryer into the basement. So we will be working on a solution to that. It is amazing all of the things we took for granted when moving into our previous home, but what a learning experience with this house.

Oh, and we have an old washer with chewed through connections and missing the hook up parts, if anyone is interested! Perhaps that will find its way to Craig's List!

No comments: