Monday, July 21, 2008

Motivated Monday

Oh yes, I am one of those absurd people who love Mondays. I always feel refreshed after the weekend and extremely motivated to get things done. Consequently, I plan out a chore packed day and work diligently to get it done. Tuesdays are my downfall. There is nothing special about a Tuesday--it's not the start of a new week, it's not the halfway point, it's not the day before Friday, and it's not the weekend eve. It's just a day. And with my maniac Mondays, I typically fall flat on my face on Tuesday. I slump into a coma-like state and feel drained and exhausted from my work-filled Monday. But since that's not until tomorrow, let's use my motivation.

Here's my to do list for today:

1. Clean up kitchen as NEW APPLIANCES are coming today. (I just realized as I was loading the dishwasher this morning that perhaps the installation does not include removing all my dirty dishes and reloading them into the new dishwasher. Guess I need to run our old one!)

2. Vacuum dining room, so it is ready for the new floor installation (beginning tonight--thank you Josh & my Dad!)

3. Remove wallpaper remnants and wipe walls in the entry hallway to prep for painting.

4. Paint first coat onto entry hallway.

5. Prime and first coat of paint on the kitchen wall spots that were recently fixed.

6. Exercise.

7. Unpack from weekend travels and put away folded laundry.

8. Weed front walkway and trim bushes.

9. Create grocery list for tomorrow.

I'm sure more will pop in there throughout the day. Well, I guess I need to get started. Exercise bike--here I come! Oh, and stop back later for pictures of the new appliances and some fresh baked cookies in the new convection oven!

2 comments:

Sarah Mason said...

So what I want to know is how in the world you get all this done in one day with Madi running around "helping"?!?!

S

Kelly said...

Oh, Sarah! I don't get all of it done. I just set lofty goals, and then utterly fail. I'm learning to lower my expectations, and Madi is becoming a good helper (aka mess maker). If I'm unpacking boxes, she gets the paper things were wrapped in, and she unpacks that out of her own box. Or if I'm dusting, she gets her own dust rag to help with.