Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Help! Ideas Needed!

Well, the appliances are not here, and will not be until sometime next week. They were not in stock in the warehouse, so we must wait.

However, in the meantime, I need your help trying to decide what to do with my kitchen. It is designed to be an eat-in kitchen; however, our dining room table is literally five steps away, so we are deciding to redesign the space. Here is a picture of the kitchen, and the corner that is in question. (Please excuse the wall color as it needs a second coat. The carpet that clashes so horribly will also be replaced at some point.)



My first thought was to put some type of hutch there, but then I also thought some space for sitting, such as benches or stools might be nice (maybe even a little table top for Madi to color on while I make food). I also thought about additional serving space for parties or additional work space when extra food needs to be prepared. We have pondered the thought of a kitchen island (maybe moveable). But really we are at a loss. My goal is to redo some type of used furniture instead of buying new, but I need ideas on what I should look for. So any suggestions would be appreciated. And of course, pictures too! Leave a comment with some feedback.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hmmm... I will be thinking. How fun to have that space to work with!