Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Grass is Greener

We moved in over a month ago now, and as the weeks ticked by and box by box and room by room we settled in, the cloud of necessity began to clear. As the cloud edged to the east, we took a moment to standstill peering out of our windows in an effort to enjoy the view. It was during this glass-of-water-drinking moment that we took a look at our yard.

"Oops! Maybe we should cut that."

"What?" replied Josh. "Did you say something I couldn't tell as you were hidden behind the weeds?"

"Yes," I stammered as I waded to the swing set to retrieve our 11 month old who was busy picking grass from her lofty perch in the baby swing, "I think we need to cut the grass."


So my husband drug the hidden and neglected push mower out into the yard, changed the oil, checked the gas, and attempted to start it. Now this mower is a hand-me-down that invented the phrase hand-me-down. It was given to my dad by a neighbor prior to my birth, my dad used it, stopped using it, kept it, and passed it along when we needed it about 4 years ago. So it has definitely seen better days, and paid for it's room and board. But now, it refuses to mow another blade. Once again Craig's List came to the rescue with a $35 (2 year old) push mower. So that forest of a yard is now short,


and this now rests in our garage.


1 comment:

Molly Sabourin said...

ooh, I love the before and after shots of your groomed back yard. Yeah for Craig's list! This is a very funny and relatable post - I enjoyed it.