Monday, July 14, 2008

Bathroom Blues

So my quest for matching bath accessory continues, and once again meets with defeat. This time we set out for Target, and once again found a bath rug. "I really think this one will work," I thought to myself, and could hardly wait to put Madi down for her nap and try out the rug. I scrambled to the red polka dotted plastic bags, and began riffling through them. Much to my consternation I discovered that the bag containing said rug was nowhere to be found in the house or in the car. An extended phone call informed me and the Target staff that once again I have had an attack of "Mommy" brain. The bag remained at the check out counter. So I do not have fun pictures of my newly assembled bathroom to show you. I did happen to find some cups for the bathroom that will not be destroyed in childhood tumbles. (They were a dollar for four cups!!)



And here are the cute fish shower curtain hooks I was telling you about.



And, so as not to disappoint, here are some of the previous owner "renovations" to our little bath along with some of the existing cabinetry.

Oh, soo beautiful. . .


I have really grown quite fond of this mirror as it holds the secret to the fat behind syndrome. Let me explain: as you can see it is divided into 3 mirrors, so as you are standing in front of it, part of you is displayed in one mirror, and another part of you in the adjacent mirror. Inevitably, you end up looking way larger than you are, as your gut and butt expand to cover all three of those mirrors. It is a great self-esteem booster! (Is my sarcasm detectable?)


Lovely towel rack. Can you notice the large bump in the paint below the rack? Not sure if it came out on the camera. I couldn't get all the bumps in the wall and the brown oozy streak that are above the light switch and will not come off with any cleaner. You'll just have to visit to see it.


Hand towel holder:


Above the air vent; such a careful job of painting that bright blue:


And finally, the tile that is missing pieces.


No comments: