Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Little Surfer

The upstairs main bathroom (Madi's bathroom) will be a long time before it is remodeled. It is currently the one of our three bathrooms that is usable. The downstairs bathroom currently is carpetless and housing the litter box and a toilet that will not stop running. The master bath has half re-spackled walls and is missing a toilet.

We believe that someone attempted to remodel Madi's bathroom since the house was built. It has white trim and newer paint. It also has laminate tiling. I will definitely have to post some pictures of the paint and laminate to give you an idea as the work is not the best quality. I don't think describing it will do justice. Check back soon for these pictures!

So my task has been to determine how I would decorate this bathroom now and once it is redone. I didn't want to end up with an overly childish bathroom, as we are currently using it and it will be our guest bathroom as well. And I will admit that I am not the best at using bright colors in decorating. I tend for the more subtle approach. However, while shopping for bath accessories, I found the cutest items at Target. Check them out:


So these are the trashcan and toothbrush holder currently in the bathroom. The shower curtain I purchased is a simple white weave (did I mention I don't do bright colors easily) with fish shower curtain hooks. I'll show you pictures in my next post. My plan once the bathroom is redone is to purchase some fish (wood or metal) and one of those word signs that says Sun, Summer, or Sunshine. As the bathroom is also small, I am thinking of putting hooks for the towels instead of a rack. This would fit in with the more casual beach theme.

My quest today was to find a rug/bath mat, and some cups. I purchased a striped rug and fish cups at Kohl's today, but the colors really do not go, so I will have to be on the hunt another day (Madi will only handle one store in a day). Target has similar cups to the trashcan design, but let's face it with kids that will hit the floor once and the resin will chip. So I'm thinking simple plastic cups in bright colors. I'll keep you posted on my finds!

No comments: