Monday, August 11, 2008

First Birthday Cake

Here is Madilyn's 1st birthday cake! I must say all those Wilton cake decorating courses really paid off. I worked at Michael's Craft Store as a scrapbook instructor (until they stopped offering classes). I was able to get to know the cake decorating instructor very well. So I took her courses, and voila!

It is a torted white cake with pink and green butter cream icing and royal icing daisies. A little lopsided, and a little crumb filled, but hey, that proves it's made with love!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

The cake looks AWESOME! So I took only one of those classes, and it was obviously a little different being over here, but I even if I did take all of the cake decorating classes, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to do anything like that. Don't be expecting to see anything like that for Seth's first birthday. I bet it tasted great, too! How was the birthday party?

Kelly said...

Kristen,
I'm sure you could do this! Course two teaches you all of the flowers, and they are so easy once you see how to do them. And trust me, this cake is not perfect, if you look closely it is lopsided, and there are crumbs all through the icing.

The b-day party went great. Madi hung in there opening and being interested in most of the gifts. She daintily picked icing off the top tier and ate it. Then she just wandered around the house playing and didn't really seem concerned that we had 32 people here! So overall it was great. I'll email out some pictures soon.

Love, Kelly

Molly Sabourin said...

WOW!! That is truly gorgeous!
Well done!

Dear Abbi said...

Great cake!!