Friday, August 29, 2008

Messes must be created before order can ensue.

So what have I been soo busy doing that I have dropped out of the blogging sphere these past few days. Well, I've been transporting myself back to childhood when anything you did required a mess to be created. Okay, so I'm not playing with play dough or making mud pies. I've been unpacking. I can hear you loud and clear--still unpacking after having moved over 2 months ago. Well, as our house still needs renovating, alot of our things could not be unpacked until key rooms were completed. Now that some of them are finished, I've been able to unpack more items. And as anyone who has ever moved knows, unpacking equals a big mess as items need to be removed and spread out in order to see what you have and figure out where you want it to go.

So here were the three major messes I made:

1. In the family room (not completed yet at all), I removed book after book from their boxed up home and threw (not literally, just figuratively) them on to the built in wall shelves. And no, I will not share pictures of their dishevelled state.

2. In the master bedroom, Josh was kind enough to lend me a corner for my scrapbooking affairs as the basement proved too damp. So I've been scattering paper and embellishments all over trying to create order in a very small space.

3. In the garage, I finally unpacked all my husband's boxes of garage-ish items, such as tools, gardening supplies, car supplies, etc. This was motivated by a comment at Madi's birthday party by her 3 year old godbrother, David. He informed my mother-in-law that our cars were not parked in the garage because it was "too junky". Yes, a classic case of motivation coming from the most unlikely source. And yes, I will share pictures of my mostly organized garage, but not today. You'll have to check back later.

No comments: