Friday, August 15, 2008

I won the fabric lottery!

So today was the first time since moving that Madilyn and I ventured out into the big unknown to do a little yard sale shopping. I happened upon an ad for a 10+ family community yard sale, and decided to check it out hoping that the sales would be within walking distance of each other, so we wouldn't have to play the hop potato in-and-out of the car game that all one-year olds heartily enjoy. We arrived finding 5 sales grouped together, and sprung from the car eagerly anticipating the bargains laid before us. We left encumbered by a rooster clock calling out for a new color and new picture,


about 9 pieces of clothing for me (5 of which did not fit--but the 50 cents was worth it for the other four), a Elmospalooza VHS tape (should we really be buying VHS's? aren't they out of date?) that Madi couldn't pass up,

and the jackpot of all jackpots a large box of upholstery fabric for $1, yes $1 for the whole box.





Now you may ask, what could I possibly do with all that fabric. Well here are some of the items awaiting a little pick me up.



2 comments:

Molly Sabourin said...

Nothing gets my blood flowing like a good yard sale!! Absolutely you can buy VHS - in fact, I prefer video tapes for their indestructibility. That fabric is super cool, Kelly. I just covered some chairs in our "homeschool room" and it made a huge difference. I look forward to seeing the "after" pictures.

Kristen said...

Yeah for good finds/buys! I am about to redo my first stool that I just got today for a couple bucks. Please show after you redo these pieces!