Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday Time Saver

I remember the days of growing up and prior to Christmas we would spend hours mixing, measuring, and baking those thousands of Christmas cookies. Then for weeks following Christmas we had piles of cookies on our counter tops tempting us to nibble each time we walked past. Well no more. Let me just ask you this: when are cookies best? If you answered when they first come out of the oven, then I have the answer for you.

What we now do is mix the cookie dough prior to Christmas day, and then freeze it. On Christmas day we just take the frozen cookie dough out, and scoop out as many cookies (and a few extra) that we plan to eat. Pop the tray in the oven, and in 8 to 10 minutes, we have fresh cookies. No hours spent in front of the oven. No mass quantities of cookies tempting for weeks on end. And then anytime you have unexpected company, you can quickly wipe up fresh baked cookies.

I know it won't work for everyone, but I thought I'd share the idea in case you are feeling swamped at the moment with holiday preparations.

1 comment:

Mommy Meg said...

Not a bad idea at all Kelly. And I never thought of it! I was wondering how to avoid tons of goodies laying around (well, they wouldn't be laying around for long because I would eat them).