Friday, December 12, 2008

A Little Excitement

I am a clumsy person. For those of you who have heard about the coffee table incident, you know what I mean. Let's just say that I will never own a glass top coffee table if I can help it, and I have learned my lesson about sitting on furniture not designed to be sat upon. Anyway. I have earnestly avoided glass furniture, but I did not count on the stairs taking me out.

Yesterday, after getting myself and Madi dressed, we proceeded down the stairs to go make breakfast. No rush, no running, no jumping, just the usual walking gait. About 5 steps from the bottom, I some how missed placing my foot firmly on the step. I fell backwards and slid down the remaining steps until my feet were pressed up against the wall at the base of the steps. Madi was still in my arms in the exact same position, no worse for the wear, only a little confused on why Mommy was now laying down.

I will say for the amount of insane accidents I have had, I have never broken anything or needed stitches from one of them. So I am fairly lucky. Yesterday proved to be the same. The front of my neck is sore--the opposite of whiplash, and I'm a little stiff, but that's it. Otherwise, I am fine.

I guess we all need a little excitement in our lives.

No comments: