Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Book # 14: Close to Home

One Orthodox mother's quest for patience, peace, and perseverance
By Molly Sabourin

Since discovering Ancient Faith Radio, I have been a listener to the Close to Home podcasts that Molly Sabourin authors and records. I was thrilled to find that not only did she podcast and blog, but also was in the process of writing a book. This is that book that I have anticipated reading since discovering of its future release. I preordered it, and it arrived last week. As soon as I could get Baby Catcher finished, I dove into this book barely putting it down for the past few days.

Molly has a way of expressing what I have a billion times thought and struggled with. She is the mom of four compared to my one, but still she knows what challenges I face. Not only does she successfully make me feel understood and not alone, but she also provides the hope and reassurance that through Christ and His Church we can weather this storm called motherhood and rejoice in our experiences. It is one of those books that as I was reading I would mark pages that I would like to go back and revisit, reread, and internalize to help me in my daily struggle for, as the subtitle states, "patience, peace, and perseverance".

I recommend this book to any and all mothers! With Pascha and Mother's Day approaching, I am glad to have ordered not just one, but three copies. My dilemna now becomes how to divide those three books into the 20 copies I need to hand out to all the women and mothers I think would enjoy it.

1 comment:

Molly Sabourin said...

Oh Kelly, I am so so glad you enjoyed the book!! Thank you very much for this kind review!! :)