Friday, March 20, 2009

The Joy of a Bargain

So I know that I have rattled on before about yard sales, craigslist, large garbage pick up days, and bargains in general. I just can't get enough of them, and the good deals that you can find! With the onset of spring, I have been anxiously awaiting the start of yard sales, and the prospect of climbing out of bed insanely early on a Saturday morning to rummage through other people's discards. Well, yard sale season is not here, yet, but craigslist is the yard saler's dream.

Yesterday Josh picked up a plastic tea set for $5 which will be Madi's birthday gift come August. It is adorable with a tea pot 4 saucers, 4 cups, 4 knives, 4 cookies, a creamer, and a sugar bowl. That's bargain number one!

Also yesterday, Josh and I had our ultrasound, so we are officially having a baby boy! One of the big joys of this for me is that I can satisfy my yard sale and craigslist cravings with stocking up on little boy clothing, bedding, etc. I had been scouring craigslist for some time looking at baby bedding, just, well, because. Yes, it's sort of an addiction. But I had found the cutest firetruck and car bedding about 2 to 3 weeks ago. Well, yesterday I called. It is still available! Twenty-five dollars for a crib skirt, bumper, quilt, fleece blanket, and toy truck! Woohoo! I should be picking it up today! I'll share some pictures once I get it.

3 comments:

The Real Loop Blogger said...

Can we sponsor a blog about Garage Sales Tracker?

We recently launched a new website, GarageSalesTracker.com. A site that tries to make it easier for families to save money through finding and hosting garage sales.

We are looking for a few good websites/blogs to advertise on.

Thanks

Mommy Meg said...

Congrats on expecting a boy! Boys are wonderful, as you will soon see! Have you begun thinking of any names?

Oh, & Keith wants you to tell Josh, "It's about time!"

Meg

Mommy Meg said...

Oh, & about garage sales...anytime I try to go cheap on anything, I strike out. It's like I have this hex on me or something. I swear, ANYTHING, it seems, that I've ever bought second-hand comes back to bite me in the butt. I wish I had better luck with that. I'm glad you do!