Friday, March 6, 2009

I WON!

I never win. And I am not exaggerating. I CAN win if it is a contest involving determination and stamina, but anything that is left to chance, there is no point in hoping, as I never win. Bingo, door prizes, raffles all end with empty hands.

But this week, my luck changed. As you know, I've been reading this year, and reading without spending money, requires trips to the library. On top of that, Madi loves the library. Miss Barb is there to run Rhyme Time, and Madi loves to sing. Plus the Wiggles live there in the form of DVD's and CD's, so we are frequent visitors.

When I saw an adult reading program advertised, I entered. This is not a program based on the amount you read, but the amount of times you check out items from the library. So, I figured I had no real luck there, as I couldn't even increase my chances by buckling down and pouring over books. But every week, when we would go to the library, I was sure to check out something, and this week I got an email that I had won the first prize drawing for that week. What did I win you might ask?

A 1 GB Ipod Shuffle. I am soo excited! Now I just have to figure out how it works.

No comments: