Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Update

The work morning on Saturday proved effective. Madi had a great time at Nana's house, and didn't mind me leaving at all. I told her I was going, she gave me a hug, and said "bye bye".

Here's what we were able to accomplish:

The family room:
1. The family room walls are all ready to paint. The first coat is going on tonight.
2. The floor was broom cleaned, so that after the final sanding it only needs to be vacuumed.
3. The last of the carpet strip was removed. This was installed under the built-in shelves, so the removal was not an easy task.
4. Josh & I both have a horrible habit of finishing a task, but then leaving our supplies out. So I spent part of the morning putting all of the accumulated tools, trash, paint cans, rollers, etc. away. Currently, only the items we are still using are in the family room. Well, all except the pile of rags by the door.

The bathroom:
1. The walls all received their fist coat of spackle. They will be sanded this week, and hopefully, the second coat will be applied.
2. The hole in the floor for the toilet was cleaned of the sticky-type glue. Sorry, once again, I am not good with the technical terms.
3. The bathroom door had its hardware removed, and the door was sanded. This will be primed tonight.
4. We found a pedestal sink and an over-the-toilet shelving unit that we like.

So tonight the paint can will be opened! This is a good sign that things are progressing. I'm not going to share with you when we started this room. If you are really desperate for a good laugh, I'll let you look through my past posts. The before pictures are on there somewhere.

1 comment:

Molly Sabourin said...

WOW! Good for you! Nothing fortifies a marriage like major home improvement projects. :) It will feel fantastic to get all that done!