Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Differences in Pregnancies

So as in everything, I am discovering that things are not the same the second time around. As this will be a different child with a different personality, I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the pregnancy is different as well.

A main difference happened this weekend on Saturday evening amongst all of the company craze. I am roughly 22 1/2 weeks pregnant, and I began to have Braxton-Hicks contractions that were noticeable. This is definitely a little earlier than with the first one, and frankly surprised me. I ended up calling my OB-GYN on Sunday to talk about what had happened, and if I needed to be concerned. As they went away, all is fine. But it was a wake up call to the fact that some things need to change due to my pregnancy. So I took it as a reason to slow down a little bit, put my feet up, and begin having Madi become a little more independent.

So the home repairs need to slow down a little, and some of the "heavier" work needs to be done by Josh. By heavier, I mean vacuuming the stairs and carrying my scrapbook stuff down to our newly finished family room. It is hard for me to slow down, especially as I have lots of things I'd like to finish before our baby boy makes his appearance in July. But all in good time. I'm taking it one step and one feet propping at a time.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

The most important work right now is to nourish the life of your baby boy growing inside of you and to mother Madilyn (did I spell that right?). Your home repairs will get finished eventually. Please take care of yourself, Kelly :-)

Stephanie

Mommy Meg said...

Yes, every pregnancy is different. And by the third you'll give up trying to figure it out.

I know how hard it is to slow down too. Now that I've hit my second trimester I have so much more energy, and nausea is gone. Plus, my belly hasn't grown much yet so I am still able to pretty much do everything. I hate being dependent, but I know in a couple more months I will have to ask Keith for more.

Take care of yourself!